6 tips to reduce the energy your dishwasher uses by 10%
The average Irish house (3 bed semi-d) spends €150/year running their dishwasher. This has increased from €70/year in 2020, due to a sharp rise in electricity prices. Each time you use your dishwasher it costs you 63c.
On that basis, our energy use is more like €200/year as we run our dishwasher almost every night, so we are way above average!
You can reduce this by 10%, and increase the life of your appliance at the same time, by implementing some simple energy saving measures:
1) Only run with a full load (but not overloaded)
2) Use Eco settings
3) Run a monthly maintenance cycle on a hot temperature
4) Clean out the drain regularly
5) Locate away from the cold appliances, if possible
6) Run on night rate electricity (50% cheaper and also takes pressure off the grid)
It’s a very small thing but these little changes do add up over time and so are worth doing.
If you like this post, you might like the following related posts: